Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Paradise Found"

Vicki here sharing my July "Mermaid" inspiration!

This month, the Design Team is creating with the lovely colors of teal, light blue and tan along with a mermaid theme. 

Mermaids are mysterious, legendary sea creatures that appear in folklore.   There have supposedly been sightings of real ones, but I have yet to see any documented proof or photos.  The ones that come to mind for me are Darryl Hannah in the movie "Splash" and Ariel from the Disney movie, "The Little Mermaid".
 
 The colors of teal and tan are perfect with this theme.  I found two awesome clip art images...one, of clam shells and another, of a mermaid sitting on a rock that I used for my inspiration...
 
"Paradise found"

I added some brightness and contrast to my images then printed them on matte photo paper.  The mermaid is framed with a white die cut oval.  I cut an oval from the clam shell background and placed the framed mermaid inside this oval.  The background is matted with gold metallic on a white cardstock base.  The circular wreath is die cut and covered with dry glitter.  I used a branch die cut to make the coral that I placed around the frame.  The flower is a pale yellow and colored with inks and a glitter pen.  I had the "Paradise found" tag in my stash from an older paper collection.  It seemed very appropriate for this serene scene.


This lovely sheer bow was created using my Craft-Dee BowZ Tool.  It really helps make bows easily.  I topped off the bow with a star fish embellishment.  Lastly, I added turquoise dew drops as water droplets.

Featured Product
Craft-Dee BowZ Bow Making Tool

From my stash...
Cardstock - Bazzill, Recollections
Dew Drops - Robin's Nest
Die Cuts - Memory Box, Spellbinders
Glitter - Ranger/Tim Holtz Distressed Dry Glitter
Glitter Pen - Wink of Stella
Ink - Colorbox
Tag - Quick Quotes
Specialty Papers - Hewlett Packard, Recollections
Other: Clip Art, Ribbon, Starfish
 
*********************************************************************************

Be sure to check out and play along with our July Challenge, "Anything Goes and include a HANDMADE BOW". You could be our challenge winner and receive a Craft-Dee BowZ Badge to display in your blog along with two single digital images being awarded by our July challenge sponsor, Cute As A Button.

 
Visit my fellow team members for more inspiration...

If you don't already have one, you could be the owner of a handy dandy Craft-Dee BowZ Tool.  Visit the blog and purchase your tool today.  You will be glad that you did!

Need some yummy ribbon to use with that Craft-Dee BowZ Tool? Take advantage of Ribbon-Ade! There are two different options available for purchase... 10 yds. of Sheer Organza or 10 yds. of Sheer Polka Dot. You can also purchase both at a special price.
 
Thanks for stopping by to see my July Craft-Dee BowZ challenge project!