Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My Guy....MY HERO, MY FRIEND!

Vicki here...It's my turn up on the Craft-Dee  BowZ Blog.  Our August theme is masculine using the colors brown, burgundy and a single loop bow.  With a wedding anniversary coming in October, this was perfect timing for me.   So, today I'm sharing a card for the special man in my life...my hero, my friend!

  We will be celebrating 38 years of marriage soon and have been together for 40.  Really?  That was fast!   Using our theme and colors,  I created an anniversary card that will actually be ready in advance!
 
"MY HERO...MY FRIEND"

The card base of craft and brown is 6" x 6".  You know how square I am when it comes to card making! I layered patterned paper in the same color tones and then used burgundy for my accent embellishments. 

A piece of sheer brown ribbon is wrapped around the upper corner of the card.  The bow was created using my fabulous Craft-Dee BowZ Tool.  It helps create bows quickly and with ease.  I seriously love wide, sheer ribbon when making bows.  Next, I hot glued the bow on the corner ribbon and  attached the chain and gear to the center of it.  I added brass number studs to represent 38 years and buttons tied with twine to the centers of a few of the other gears.  The sentiment is stamped and die-cut to look like another gear.  A small brass paper clip is the final touch.

Featured Product

I hope my card has inspired you to create something for the guy in your life.
Thanks for stopping by!
Vicki
 
Don't forget to play along with our August challenge,
"Anything goes and include a handmade bow"!
You could be the winner of a 25 yard spool of ribbon!