Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Love my guy...

Hello bow makers!  This feels like unchartered territory for me -- I don't get to post much of my own creations since I have this spectacular design team on board.  But, unfortunately, one of our designers had to step down due to unforeseen circumstances.  We will miss you Robin.

So, with that being said, I have taken over the empty slot each month as well as subbing in for the Blog Hops in October and December.  Since our theme this month is masculine (I know!  it can be a challenge creating masculine cards!), I have created this card using lots of fun mediums.  The obvious medium is burlap.  I do so love working with burlap and have it in many colors, but the natural is my favorite.  I've wrapped raffia and bakers twine around the left edge of my burlap canvas.  The burgundy borders were created using silver peel offs which I had to color with a burgundy Copic marker.  Add a few gears, a "love" die and create a background stripe and here we have it!  I made the little bow using the raffia and twine at the same time and created a multiple loop bow which I adhered using a glue dot.






Sorry about the photo quality -- left pic shows border with peel offs and right pic shows bow with raffia and twine.

Using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool is such a time saver and a no-brainer -- two precious commodities!  I hope you enjoy this little project and I welcome any comments that you care to share.  Thanks for dropping by.

Donna