Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Best Day Ever

Hi Everyone
Thanks for stopping in today. This month the design team here at Craft-Dee Bow will be using digital images
from The Graphics Fairy. You will definitely want to check out all the designers projects this month for their very creative cards and other ideas using images from The Graphics Fairy. The Graphics Fairy  has so many cool images and I hope you check them out soon.

Let me show you The Graphics Fairy digital image that I used for my card today.


This image shows a fairy looking out of the center of a flower. I thought it would look great to have the petals popping off the card.To get that effect, I printed the image 3 times. The first image is the bottom image and is just  flat and cut with an oval Spellbinders die. Next I fussy cut the 2nd image and using my Paper Blossom tool kit, I shaped the petals to have them lifting up. I attached that right on top of the original image, but I left the petals free so they would bend. For the 3rd image I cut away everything except the orange-ish petals, making sure to include the green base of the flower. I used the Blossom tool kit on these petals as well, giving them a bend also. Again I layered these petals over the same area on image #2, attaching just at the base of the flower.. This gives the look of the fairy looking out of a real flower. Let me show you a close up view.
I decided to use some greenery and twigs and I added pearls to look like little buds on the brown twigs and as accents with some rhinestones on the greenery.



My bow - was made using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Using a sheer ribbon, I made a triple loop bow and added a lacy butterfly over the center knot. The tool makes bow making so easy. If you have trouble making a bow, this tool is the answer to your prayers.



There is gorgeous lace as a border on the card and the vellum panel is embossed with a Spellbinders Floral folder.

That wide lace piece might be a little hard to see, it extends down under the greenery and its under the sentiment also. I layered another piece if crocheted lace on top of that wide lace piece.

Here is a full shot of my card for my May post for Craft-Dee BowZ
 Hope you have a wonderful week. Stop back here next Tuesday to see Vicki's beautiful project using another image from The Graphics Fairy.

Barbara