Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fun at the Beach

Hi everyone,
Thanks for stopping in today. It's Barbara here and I am back with my post for July. The theme this month is The Beach and all  the other designers are busy getting their  fabulous projects designed and ready for their posts.

USArtQuest was very gracious in sending the team some of their great products. USArtQuest is the number one source of Mica based products and they also offer quality art supplies. So you will be seeing the designers using their great products in their very creative projects this month.

This month, I decided to make a little 2 page booklet that will be a great spot to put a few pictures from vacation at the beach. I thought it would be great to use stamped images and spotlight USArtQuest products on the front of each page. The backs of the pages will become the spot for the pictures from vacation.


Here is the front of the booklet. I am showing a mermaid under the sea. 

Here is a close-up of her:

I made this mermaid by using the USArtQuest DicroFibers. I had never used this before and let me say WOW!!! easy to use and so so pretty. Look at the shimmer!!

Next I wanted to incorporate Prills into the scene, so I used Perfect Paper Adhesive (sometimes referred to as PPA) to adhere my seashells to the chipboard. While the PPA was still wet and after I placed the seashells, I added the Prills to areas to add additional visual interest and more color. Prills are little beads of a few tiny sizes and they have no holes. 

Here is a close-up of the shells ladened with Prills. They look like colored pearls, don't they??


Let's check out the 2nd page of this little book.


I used a digital image of a fish and colored it using the USArtQuest Pearl Ex Watercolor Pallette. The shimmery watercolors were perfect to use on this digital image that I used. I also used the same watercolors on the seashells. Notice that chunky sand at the bottom. Thats Mica Flakes and again I used the PPA to adhere that to the chipboard. The red net, oh thats from a bag of onions. LOL

Here is a closer view of those Mica Flakes. I used 2 different colors.


Lets take a look at the bow I made. It's kind of different and it was so fun to come up with this style, and the great thing is it can be made using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. So, here is another type of bow you can make.This style reminded me of Ribbon Candy so I named it the Ribbon Candy Bow.


I used twine on the burlap ribbon to make and tie the knot. I think it goes with the beachy theme.

I want to thank you, USArtQuest, for all the fabulous product that you so graciously sent for us to use this month. I rounded up all my other USArtQuest products and now have them all neatly stored together so they are easy to find. It's amazing how many different products I had already and now I have even more. YUMMY!!!!

Don't forget, the designers post every Tuesday, so stop back to see what goodies they've come up with. And the Challenge has started for July and we are looking for your entry!!

Thanks for stopping in today


x_3de9ed88 photo x_3de9ed88_zpsfb71a1a0.gif