Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Monday, July 29, 2013

A Bit of Summer

This month, Craft-Dee BowZ has had the honor and distinction of featuring USArtquest products in our posts.  While most of my design team had never touched any type of mixed media, I think they did a super job with it.  Kudos to them.  It's not easy coming out of one's box - I can testify to that myself!

In collaborating with Susan Pickering Rothamel and her crew, we decided to use the following products in our projects:

DICROFIBERS (if you've never used these, you are MISSING the boat!  Like spun sugar, they can be heat fused and can be stamped on, ironed on or just added as is to a project. They come in lovely pastels, jewel tones and wonderful metallics.)

MICA FLAKES (so versatile and stunning to work with and add that bit of sparkle to your project and have you wondering -- just what is that sparkling at me?)

PPA GLUE (oh my!  This has got to be the best glue on the market.  Not only does it work will with paper and card stock, but it's super on metal.  Yes!  I could not believe it.  One of the most perplexing properties (I mean that in a good way) of this glue is that it is NEVER sticky on your hands, but it adheres whatever you are using for a medium without fault.  WOW!)

PRILLS (what a wonderful accent to any project! These darling tiny little "pebbles" come in a huge variety of colors and always seem to add that final touch to your project.  I have so many colors in my stash and plan on adding more.  Love them!!)

Just coming off of a week long heat wave, this card says volumes and I wish I had been this fishy last week.


Each of the products mentioned above are used in this card.  The fish was done using the pastel Dicrofibers and a fish stamp.  While difficult to see,  the gauzy edges of the fish giving it the look that he is in motion.  Love how these fibers fuse together!


You'll have to admit, adding a bow to a seascape or beach scene can be challenging, but I combined the earthiness of the burlap ribbon (to mimic sand) with the glittery-ness of the bow (to mimic the sun sparkling off the water).  



Here you can see the addition of the Mica flakes melted into the embossing powder.  The addition of Prills in and around the shells and on the "sand" gave it that texture.  Since I had my stash of Prills out, I decided to add more texture to the little tag on the side.

Well, a HUGE thanks to USArtquest for their wonderful products.  I know I'll be using more in the future.  Hmmm, gotta look into those Mica Tiles next...

Have a Bow-ti-ful Day!

Donna